- Macmillan Coffee Morning 2018 - At Parrott and Coales, we are proud to show our support for Macmillan and the incredible work they do providing practical, medical and financial support and pushing for better cancer care.
- Bucks Show 2018 - Thursday 30th August 2018 saw another great Bucks Show for the firm, with warm, dry weather and a happy atmosphere as were joined by attendees throughout the day.
Trusts were originally used by families to safeguard their capital wealth for future generations, whilst enabling family members to benefit from the income.
Nowadays, trusts are widely used by everyday families and individuals for tax planning, but have many other uses.
A trust can be set up during a person’s lifetime, or on their death in their Will. Trusts can provide for a wide variety of situations:
- For the benefit of children, grandchildren and great grandchildren
- To protect against spendthrift beneficiaries
- To provide security for dependents
- Tax planning reasons
- To receive pension payments and death in-service payments
- To allow property to be held for successive generations
- Charitable purposes
Our trust service includes:
- Advice on lifetime settlements, including income in possession trusts (IIP) and the various discretionary trusts (DT) and relevant property trusts (RPT), their formation and administration, together with their merits and disadvantages
- Advice on tax in connection with the setting up of trusts e.g. mitigation of inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax
- Administration of trusts, including preparation of trust tax returns (together with assistance with routine personal tax affairs)
Our Private Client team, some of whom are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE), are able to provide you with specialist advice as to the best way to help you.