- Price Transparency Era - Toward the end of 2018 The Solicitors Regulation Authority introduced new rules to ensure clients have the best possible information on solicitor’s fees at the outset. Law firms are now required to publish price and service information on their website for the following areas of law; residential conveyancing, probate and employment tribunal claims to name a few. The aim is to provide greater transparency to clients enabling them to make informed decisions about their legal matter.
- Grants of Representation - A Grant of Representation is the document required to confirm your authority to deal with the estate of an individual who has died. A Grant of Representation can be necessary whether or not the deceased left a Will.
Tax, Care Fees & Trusts
Parrott & Coales specialise in advising clients on how to plan for the future, while protecting your assets. We can help you with:
Our tax specialists can advise you on all aspects of tax and financial planning. Prudent planning can help you to reduce your (or your family’s) liability on:
- Inheritance tax
- Capital gains tax
- Income tax
If you are moving into a care home or require care at home and you are worried about how you are going to pay for it, it can be very stressful. How much you pay will depend on your income, capital and whether you have dependants. By consulting one of our experts, you will have the peace of mind that your fees will be paid and that what you pay is in line with national guidelines.
Click here for more details about care fees.
Trusts are widely used by people who wish to safeguard their wealth for future generations, whilst allowing family members to benefit from the income on the capital. You can set up a Trust during your lifetime or in your Will and it can be used for a range of situations, including:
- Education of children, grandchildren and great grandchildren
- To allow property to be held for future generations
- Charitable purposes
Several of our solicitors are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and Solicitors for the Elderly. Please contact them for advice on all aspects of:
- Paying care fees
- Setting up and administering a Trust
- Your tax affairs