- Gig Economy Workers denied holiday pay may claim for the whole of their employment - The European Court of Justice in his landmark legal battle. The court has ruled that "An employer that does not allow a worker to exercise his right to paid annual leave must bear the conse-quences". The decision could have significant implications for firms in the so-called gig economy, and opens the door for similar cases.
- New Regulations for Legal Aid criteria for Family Law announced - Following a successful High Court appeal by the charity group Rights of Women, the Legal Aid Agency have now relaxed the time limit set for the domestic violence evidence required...
Tax, Care Fees & Trusts
Parrott & Coales specialise in advising clients on how to plan for the future, while protecting your assets. We can help you with:
Our tax specialists can advise you on all aspects of tax and financial planning. Prudent planning can help you to reduce your (or your family’s) liability on:
- Inheritance tax
- Capital gains tax
- Income tax
If you are moving into a care home or require care at home and you are worried about how you are going to pay for it, it can be very stressful. How much you pay will depend on your income, capital and whether you have dependants. By consulting one of our experts, you will have the peace of mind that your fees will be paid and that what you pay is in line with national guidelines.
Click here for more details about care fees.
Trusts are widely used by people who wish to safeguard their wealth for future generations, whilst allowing family members to benefit from the income on the capital. You can set up a Trust during your lifetime or in your Will and it can be used for a range of situations, including:
- Education of children, grandchildren and great grandchildren
- To allow property to be held for future generations
- Charitable purposes
Several of our solicitors are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and Solicitors for the Elderly. Please contact them for advice on all aspects of:
- Paying care fees
- Setting up and administering a Trust
- Your tax affairs