- The Budget 2018- The Chancellor announce on 29 October 2018 that first-time buyers in shared ownership homes will pay zero stamp duty on the first £300,000 of any home that costs up to £500,000 with immediate effect.
- Macmillan Coffee Morning 2018- At Parrott and Coales, we are proud to show our support for Macmillan and the incredible work they do providing practical, medical and financial support and pushing for better cancer care.
Tax, Care Fees & Trusts
Parrott & Coales specialise in advising clients on how to plan for the future, while protecting your assets. We can help you with:
Our tax specialists can advise you on all aspects of tax and financial planning. Prudent planning can help you to reduce your (or your family’s) liability on:
- Inheritance tax
- Capital gains tax
- Income tax
If you are moving into a care home or require care at home and you are worried about how you are going to pay for it, it can be very stressful. How much you pay will depend on your income, capital and whether you have dependants. By consulting one of our experts, you will have the peace of mind that your fees will be paid and that what you pay is in line with national guidelines.
Click here for more details about care fees.
Trusts are widely used by people who wish to safeguard their wealth for future generations, whilst allowing family members to benefit from the income on the capital. You can set up a Trust during your lifetime or in your Will and it can be used for a range of situations, including:
- Education of children, grandchildren and great grandchildren
- To allow property to be held for future generations
- Charitable purposes
Several of our solicitors are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and Solicitors for the Elderly. Please contact them for advice on all aspects of:
- Paying care fees
- Setting up and administering a Trust
- Your tax affairs