- The Budget 2018- The Chancellor announce on 29 October 2018 that first-time buyers in shared ownership homes will pay zero stamp duty on the first £300,000 of any home that costs up to £500,000 with immediate effect.
- Macmillan Coffee Morning 2018- At Parrott and Coales, we are proud to show our support for Macmillan and the incredible work they do providing practical, medical and financial support and pushing for better cancer care.
Sickness Absence and Returning to Work
If you are an employer, you will know that sickness absence can place a huge financial and practical burden upon your business. As well as dealing with the additional workload created by an employee’s absence, you still need to do all can to facilitate their return to work. Additionally, you need to keep abreast of all the current legislation, especially disability rights at work.
Our top tips are:
- Ensure you have an up-to-date, comprehensive Sickness Policy, and that it is followed
- Honestly discuss how to facilitate a return to work
- Seek our advice early to minimise complication or disputes
At Parrott & Coales, our highly experienced team of employment lawyers will keep you up to date with best practice and advise you on how to draw up sickness policies in accordance with the law, as well as offering expert legal advice on how to deal with a dispute.
However sympathetic your approach, you may find yourself in dispute with an employee during their sickness absence, or even dealing with issues and discrimination.
In an extreme case, your relationship with your employee could break down completely.
Please contact us now if you need advice on drafting a new sickness absence policy, or if you are involved in a dispute. Our advice could save you a great deal of money, time and stress.