- Parrott and Coales LLP acquired by Metamorph Law - Metamorph Law has acquired Aylesbury’s leading law firm, Parrott & Coales, who provide excellent service and legal support to individuals and businesses.
- Grandparents Rights – An Automatic Right? - There are now more grandparents than ever assisting families with childcare arrangements resulting in many grandparents playing a more significant role in the upbringing of their grandchildren.
Sickness Absence and Returning to Work
If you are an employer, you will know that sickness absence can place a huge financial and practical burden upon your business. As well as dealing with the additional workload created by an employee’s absence, you still need to do all can to facilitate their return to work. Additionally, you need to keep abreast of all the current legislation, especially disability rights at work.
Our top tips are:
- Ensure you have an up-to-date, comprehensive Sickness Policy, and that it is followed
- Honestly discuss how to facilitate a return to work
- Seek our advice early to minimise complication or disputes
At Parrott & Coales, our highly experienced team of employment lawyers will keep you up to date with best practice and advise you on how to draw up sickness policies in accordance with the law, as well as offering expert legal advice on how to deal with a dispute.
However sympathetic your approach, you may find yourself in dispute with an employee during their sickness absence, or even dealing with issues and discrimination.
In an extreme case, your relationship with your employee could break down completely.
Please contact us now if you need advice on drafting a new sickness absence policy, or if you are involved in a dispute. Our advice could save you a great deal of money, time and stress.