- Parrott and Coales LLP acquired by Metamorph Law - Metamorph Law has acquired Aylesbury’s leading law firm, Parrott & Coales, who provide excellent service and legal support to individuals and businesses.
- Grandparents Rights – An Automatic Right? - There are now more grandparents than ever assisting families with childcare arrangements resulting in many grandparents playing a more significant role in the upbringing of their grandchildren.
At Parrott & Coales, we have many years’ experience of resolving shareholder disputes, often without the need to embark on court proceedings. We can advise you on the practical steps that you might take to solve a problem and minimise its effect on your business.
Shareholder disputes can arise for a number of reasons. Sometimes they can be caused by a personality clash (especially in a family-run business); one shareholder may feel that others are performing badly/ not paying fair dividends/ or that there has been a conflict of interest.
Whatever the issue, it is vitally important that you seek our professional advice quickly, before matters escalate, so that we can help you minimise the risks to your business and its reputation.
If you are a shareholder and/or director, our experienced team can advise you on:
- Mediating to find an amicable resolution
- Derivative claims (where third party makes a claim against a director of your company)
- ‘Unfair prejudice’ claims brought by minority shareholders who feel they have been badly treated
- Buy-backs (when the company buys an aggrieved shareholder’s shares at a fair price)
- Negotiating agreements between shareholders e.g. over company governance or dividend payments
It always pays to anticipate disputes before they arise. Please ask us about drawing up a Shareholders’ Agreement and/or Articles for your business.