- Bucks Show 2019 - Thursday 29th August 2019 saw another great Bucks Show for the firm, with warm, dry weather and a happy atmosphere as were joined by attendees throughout the day.
- Proposed changes to IHT - Reform of inheritance tax has been recommended by the Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) in its latest report, which was undertaken in response to a request from the Chancellor of the Exchequer in January 2018.
If you decide to set up a company with colleagues, friends or family you naturally want the business to thrive and everyone to get along. This is so your investment in the company is protected and the day to day running of the business goes without a hitch. It’s an exciting time for everyone involved, and with dependable professional guidance everything should run smoothly.
Before you even start trading, Parrott & Coales can help you draw up a Shareholders’ Agreement. This will safeguard the long term interests of your company as a whole, as well as those of minority and majority shareholders.
Even close friends and relatives can fall out over business, but by taking our advice at the outset, you could save yourself costly legal action later on, not to mention a great deal of time and stress.
Our experts will look at your individual business and devise an agreement in a language that is easily understood and which suits the nature of your business, giving you peace of mind and leaving you with more time to make your company a success.
Typically, the Shareholders’ Agreement we will prepare for you will:
- Define how the company is run and how decisions are made
- Set out shareholders’ rights and obligations
- Protect both the company and individual shareholders
- Regulate the sale of shares
- Outline procedures for dispute resolution
- Restrict former shareholders from competing with the company