- Rachel Riley pursues defamation case against anonymous Twitter account - Rachel Riley pursues defamation case against anonymous Twitter account Social media offers many people a level of anonymity that would be hard to achieve outside of online life. This is sometimes used by individuals to share negative or harmful messages, while avoiding repercussions that may affect their ‘offline life’. But is this really the case, [...]
- Stamp duty holiday: what does it mean for you? - On July 8th 2020, the chancellor – Rishi Sunak – announced a temporary ‘holiday’ on stamp duty on the first £500,000 of property sales in England and Wales. We take a look at what this could mean for you. How much stamp duty will I pay now? No stamp duty is paid on any main [...]
Shared Parental Leave
Shared Parental Leave is designed to give parents more flexibility in how to share the care of their child in the first year following birth or adoption.
As an employer you will want to ensure you are looking after your employees throughout their career. By ensuring you are providing SPL to eligible parents you can maintain you positive and fair working environment.
Ensure that you are not only complying with the law but treating your employees fairly and recruiting/ retaining the right people for the job.
A knowledgeable solicitor who can guide you through the process will be essential. Our experienced team will help you identify what SPL your employees are entitled to and ensure you are compliant with your legal obligations.
With the introduction of Shared Parental Leave in 2015, maternity legislation has now become more complex. Your business needs to ensure it is compliant with these changes.
With help from our expert team you can ensure you and your business are:
• Giving shared parental leave to eligible parents only
• Giving the correct amount of shared parental leave
• Compliant with legislation
• Maintaining employee satisfaction through ethical practice
Employment law can be confusing. With help from an expert solicitor, you will have the ease of mind that you are compliant with current legislation. We will take care of all your SPL queries and requests, giving you more time to focus on your core business functions.
There are other family friendly rights, including paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave and the right to request flexible working.