- Grants of Representation - A Grant of Representation is the document required to confirm your authority to deal with the estate of an individual who has died. A Grant of Representation can be necessary whether or not the deceased left a Will.
- The Budget 2018 - The Chancellor announce on 29 October 2018 that first-time buyers in shared ownership homes will pay zero stamp duty on the first £300,000 of any home that costs up to £500,000 with immediate effect.
Shared Parental Leave
Shared Parental Leave is designed to give parents more flexibility in how to share the care of their child in the first year following birth or adoption.
As an employer you will want to ensure you are looking after your employees throughout their career. By ensuring you are providing SPL to eligible parents you can maintain you positive and fair working environment.
Ensure that you are not only complying with the law but treating your employees fairly and recruiting/ retaining the right people for the job.
A knowledgeable solicitor who can guide you through the process will be essential. Our experienced team will help you identify what SPL your employees are entitled to and ensure you are compliant with your legal obligations.
With the introduction of Shared Parental Leave in 2015, maternity legislation has now become more complex. Your business needs to ensure it is compliant with these changes.
With help from our expert team you can ensure you and your business are:
• Giving shared parental leave to eligible parents only
• Giving the correct amount of shared parental leave
• Compliant with legislation
• Maintaining employee satisfaction through ethical practice
Employment law can be confusing. With help from an expert solicitor, you will have the ease of mind that you are compliant with current legislation. We will take care of all your SPL queries and requests, giving you more time to focus on your core business functions.
There are other family friendly rights, including paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave and the right to request flexible working. If you require advice on any of these matters, please telephone Fiona Hewitt on 01296 318513