- Gig Economy Workers denied holiday pay may claim for the whole of their employment - The European Court of Justice in his landmark legal battle. The court has ruled that "An employer that does not allow a worker to exercise his right to paid annual leave must bear the conse-quences". The decision could have significant implications for firms in the so-called gig economy, and opens the door for similar cases.
- New Regulations for Legal Aid criteria for Family Law announced - Following a successful High Court appeal by the charity group Rights of Women, the Legal Aid Agency have now relaxed the time limit set for the domestic violence evidence required...
Shared Parental Leave
If you are a business owner or employer, any employees who are mothers, fathers, partners and adopters are entitled to Shared Parental Leave (SPL).
Shared Parental Leave is designed to give parents more flexibility in how to share the care of their child in the first year following birth or adoption.
As an employer you will want to ensure you are looking after your employees throughout their career. By ensuring you are providing SPL to eligible parents you can maintain you positive and fair working environment.
If your employees are requesting SPL, you need to know if they are eligible and what amount of SPL they are entitled to.
A knowledgeable solicitor who can guide you through the process will be essential. Our experienced team will help you identify what SPL your employees are entitled to and ensure you are compliant with your legal obligations.
With the introduction of Shared Parental Leave in 2015, maternity legislation has now become more complex. Your business needs to ensure it is compliant with these changes.
With help from our expert team you can ensure you and your business are:
• Giving shared parental leave to eligible parents only
• Giving the correct amount of shared parental leave
• Compliant with legislation
• Maintaining employee satisfaction through ethical practice
Employment law can be confusing. With help from an expert solicitor, you will have the ease of mind that you are compliant with current legislation. We will take care of all your SPL queries and requests, giving you more time to focus on your core business functions.
There are other family friendly rights, including paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave and the right to request flexible working. If you require advice on any of these matters, please telephone Albert Bargery on 01296 318500.