- Childcare arrangements and social distancing - The knock-on effects of the global pandemic are huge. This challenging time is particularly hard for separated parents, who may face challenges with maintaining on going childcare arrangements. Some of the problems being highlighted to our offices include: A parent becoming symptomatic and falling into the self-isolate category, being unable to assist with handovers and [...]
- The number of cohabitating couples is on the rise - The ONS (Office of National Statistics) completes UK-wide survey every year. The survey covers a range of demographics including living arrangements. The 2017 survey highlighted that cohabitating couples (couples who live together but are not married) were the fastest growing family type, and the 2018 report confirmed that the cohabitating couple were the second largest family type in the UK. The number of cohabitating couples grew by 3.4 million people from 2017 to 2018.
Shared Parental Leave
Shared Parental Leave is designed to give parents more flexibility in how to share the care of their child in the first year following birth or adoption.
As an employer you will want to ensure you are looking after your employees throughout their career. By ensuring you are providing SPL to eligible parents you can maintain you positive and fair working environment.
Ensure that you are not only complying with the law but treating your employees fairly and recruiting/ retaining the right people for the job.
A knowledgeable solicitor who can guide you through the process will be essential. Our experienced team will help you identify what SPL your employees are entitled to and ensure you are compliant with your legal obligations.
With the introduction of Shared Parental Leave in 2015, maternity legislation has now become more complex. Your business needs to ensure it is compliant with these changes.
With help from our expert team you can ensure you and your business are:
• Giving shared parental leave to eligible parents only
• Giving the correct amount of shared parental leave
• Compliant with legislation
• Maintaining employee satisfaction through ethical practice
Employment law can be confusing. With help from an expert solicitor, you will have the ease of mind that you are compliant with current legislation. We will take care of all your SPL queries and requests, giving you more time to focus on your core business functions.
There are other family friendly rights, including paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave and the right to request flexible working.