- Coronavirus and childcare: facilitating contact in the ‘rule of six’ era - On Monday 14th September 2020, the UK government introduced the ‘rule of six’ in England to limit social contact in an attempt to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This new rule makes it illegal for groups of more than six people to meet in any setting, either indoors or outdoors, including in family [...]
- September 2020: the penultimate phase of the Job Retention Scheme - As of September 1st 2020, employers will need to pay more towards the cost of furloughed employees. Until now, the UK government has contributed 80% of the employee’s wage – capped at £2,500. That contribution has now dropped to 70%, with employer’s making up the extra 10%. Employers must also pay National Insurance and pension contributions, [...]
Shared Parental Leave
Shared Parental Leave is designed to give parents more flexibility in how to share the care of their child in the first year following birth or adoption.
As an employer you will want to ensure you are looking after your employees throughout their career. By ensuring you are providing SPL to eligible parents you can maintain you positive and fair working environment.
Ensure that you are not only complying with the law but treating your employees fairly and recruiting/ retaining the right people for the job.
A knowledgeable solicitor who can guide you through the process will be essential. Our experienced team will help you identify what SPL your employees are entitled to and ensure you are compliant with your legal obligations.
With the introduction of Shared Parental Leave in 2015, maternity legislation has now become more complex. Your business needs to ensure it is compliant with these changes.
With help from our expert team you can ensure you and your business are:
• Giving shared parental leave to eligible parents only
• Giving the correct amount of shared parental leave
• Compliant with legislation
• Maintaining employee satisfaction through ethical practice
Employment law can be confusing. With help from an expert solicitor, you will have the ease of mind that you are compliant with current legislation. We will take care of all your SPL queries and requests, giving you more time to focus on your core business functions.
There are other family friendly rights, including paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave and the right to request flexible working.