- Childcare arrangements and social distancing - The knock-on effects of the global pandemic are huge. This challenging time is particularly hard for separated parents, who may face challenges with maintaining on going childcare arrangements. Some of the problems being highlighted to our offices include: A parent becoming symptomatic and falling into the self-isolate category, being unable to assist with handovers and [...]
- The number of cohabitating couples is on the rise - The ONS (Office of National Statistics) completes UK-wide survey every year. The survey covers a range of demographics including living arrangements. The 2017 survey highlighted that cohabitating couples (couples who live together but are not married) were the fastest growing family type, and the 2018 report confirmed that the cohabitating couple were the second largest family type in the UK. The number of cohabitating couples grew by 3.4 million people from 2017 to 2018.
Shared Parental Leave
If you are a mother, father, partner or adopter, you may be entitled to claim Shared Parental Leave (SPL).
Shared Parental Leave is designed to give you more flexibility in how to share the care of your child in the first year following birth or adoption.
To qualify for SPL the mother or adopter must be entitled to some form of maternity or adoption entitlement, have opted to shorten it and must share the main responsibility for caring for the child with the named partner.
Claiming SPL differs for each individual. You will require a knowledgeable solicitor to guide you through the process of claiming SPL.
Our experienced team will help you identify what SPL you are entitled to, and provide you with the support to ensure you are receiving the correct amount from your employer.
Our team will help you:
• Quickly identify how much SPL you are entitled to
• Ensure you receive the correct SPL
• resolve any disputes over SPL and other family friendly rights
Our legal experts will provide you with extensive experience and quality customer service to make the process of claiming shared parental leave as easy as possible. We understand the stress that can come with a new born baby. Our expert advice will take away any additional stress and ensure that you receive the correct SPL allowing you to spend some precious time with your new addition to the family.
There are other family friendly rights, including paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave and the right to request flexible working.