- The Budget 2018- The Chancellor announce on 29 October 2018 that first-time buyers in shared ownership homes will pay zero stamp duty on the first £300,000 of any home that costs up to £500,000 with immediate effect.
- Macmillan Coffee Morning 2018- At Parrott and Coales, we are proud to show our support for Macmillan and the incredible work they do providing practical, medical and financial support and pushing for better cancer care.
Shared Parental Leave
If you are a mother, father, partner or adopter, you may be entitled to claim Shared Parental Leave (SPL).
Shared Parental Leave is designed to give you more flexibility in how to share the care of your child in the first year following birth or adoption.
To qualify for SPL the mother or adopter must be entitled to some form of maternity or adoption entitlement, have opted to shorten it and must share the main responsibility for caring for the child with the named partner.
Claiming SPL differs for each individual. You will require a knowledgeable solicitor to guide you through the process of claiming SPL.
Our experienced team will help you identify what SPL you are entitled to, and provide you with the support to ensure you are receiving the correct amount from your employer.
Our team will help you:
• Quickly identify how much SPL you are entitled to
• Ensure you receive the correct SPL
• resolve any disputes over SPL and other family friendly rights
Our legal experts will provide you with extensive experience and quality customer service to make the process of claiming shared parental leave as easy as possible. We understand the stress that can come with a new born baby. Our expert advice will take away any additional stress and ensure that you receive the correct SPL allowing you to spend some precious time with your new addition to the family.
There are other family friendly rights, including paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave and the right to request flexible working. If you require advice on any of these matters, please call our expert Albert Bargery on 01296 318500.