- Landlord and Tenant – Coronavirus changes - The rent on my business premises wasn’t paid in March and the next rent payment is due on 24 June 2020. I think it will be paid late. What should I do? New laws have been made to protect tenants who temporarily cannot pay their rent during the disruption to business caused by Covid-19 and [...]
- Inheritance claims – can you recover ‘no win, no fee’ legal costs? - An adult child with complex mental health issues has succeeded in an inheritance claim against her late Father’s estate for reasonable financial provision, despite being estranged from her parents. After much deliberation, the daughter was awarded £138,000 (approximately 25% of the estate), which valued at £554,000. The Judge declined to make an award to buy [...]
Shared Parental Leave
If you are a mother, father, partner or adopter, you may be entitled to claim Shared Parental Leave (SPL).
Shared Parental Leave is designed to give you more flexibility in how to share the care of your child in the first year following birth or adoption.
To qualify for SPL the mother or adopter must be entitled to some form of maternity or adoption entitlement, have opted to shorten it and must share the main responsibility for caring for the child with the named partner.
Claiming SPL differs for each individual. You will require a knowledgeable solicitor to guide you through the process of claiming SPL.
Our experienced team will help you identify what SPL you are entitled to, and provide you with the support to ensure you are receiving the correct amount from your employer.
Our team will help you:
• Quickly identify how much SPL you are entitled to
• Ensure you receive the correct SPL
• resolve any disputes over SPL and other family friendly rights
Our legal experts will provide you with extensive experience and quality customer service to make the process of claiming shared parental leave as easy as possible. We understand the stress that can come with a new born baby. Our expert advice will take away any additional stress and ensure that you receive the correct SPL allowing you to spend some precious time with your new addition to the family.
There are other family friendly rights, including paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave and the right to request flexible working.