- Gig Economy Workers denied holiday pay may claim for the whole of their employment - The European Court of Justice in his landmark legal battle. The court has ruled that "An employer that does not allow a worker to exercise his right to paid annual leave must bear the conse-quences". The decision could have significant implications for firms in the so-called gig economy, and opens the door for similar cases.
- New Regulations for Legal Aid criteria for Family Law announced - Following a successful High Court appeal by the charity group Rights of Women, the Legal Aid Agency have now relaxed the time limit set for the domestic violence evidence required...
Shared Parental Leave
If you are a mother, father, partner or adopter, you will be entitled to claim Shared Parental Leave (SPL).
Shared Parental Leave is designed to give you more flexibility in how to share the care of you child in the first year following birth or adoption.
But you may have some questions:
• How do I know if I can claim?
• How much will I be entitled to?
• How can I split my SPL with my partner?
To qualify for SPL the mother or adopter must be entitled to some form of maternity or adoption entitlement, have opted to shorten it and must share the main responsibility for caring for the child with the named partner.
Claiming SPL differs for each individual. You will require a knowledgeable solicitor to guide you through the process of claiming SPL.
Our experienced team will help you identify what SPL you are entitled to, and provide you with the support to ensure you are receiving the correct amount from your employer.
Our team will help you:
• Quickly identify how much SPL you are entitled to
• Ensure you receive the correct SPL
• resolve any disputes over SPL and other family friendly rights
Our legal experts will provide you with extensive experience and quality customer service to make the process of claiming shared parental leave as easy as possible. We understand the stress that can come with a new born baby. Our expert advice will take away any additional stress and ensure that you receive the correct SPL allowing you to spend some precious time with your new addition for the family.
There are other family friendly rights, including paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave and the right to request flexible working. If you require advice on any of these matters, please call our expert Albert Bargery on 01296 318500.