- Premarital agreements: ten years on from Radmacher - Ten years ago, a German paper heiress had her premarital agreement (PMA) approved by the highest courts in England. This decision of the Supreme court in 2010 effectively changed the way that our family courts treat PMAs and, in turn, the way we advise our clients who are about to marry and seek our advice [...]
- Coronavirus and childcare: facilitating contact in the ‘rule of six’ era - On Monday 14th September 2020, the UK government introduced the ‘rule of six’ in England to limit social contact in an attempt to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This new rule makes it illegal for groups of more than six people to meet in any setting, either indoors or outdoors, including in family [...]
If you are considering remortgaging, whether you are seeking a better deal or aiming to release capital, you will need a solicitor to tie up your legal requirements and deal with the mortgage company on your behalf.
How we can help
Whilst remortgaging may seem simple in concept, the process can become lengthy and confusing. At Parrott & Coales, our team of expert solicitors will guide you through what needs to be done step by step. We will obtain and dispatch all legal paperwork and liaise with the new lender to prove to them that you meet the criteria for the mortgage.
Once all parties are happy with the arrangement, we can organise the re-payment of your existing mortgage and the transfer to the new one. This is the stage of the process where top-class legal advice helps to smooth out any potential complications.
As remortgaging is such a large financial outlay, you will want the most comprehensive advice possible. We will help you with:
- Land registry requirements including checking title on behalf of the new lender;
- Obtaining the redemption figure for any existing mortgage;
- Fully advising you on the terms of the new mortgage;
- Ensuring all conditions of your new mortgage offer are met;
- Obtaining any necessary searches;
- Liaising with any management company about their requirements;
- Completing the new mortgage and simultaneously discharging the existing mortgage;
- Dealing with post-completion requirements including the registration at the Land Registry.
We can also help you navigate any other fees or requirements which could be applicable, depending on the type of your mortgage.
For more information on whether remortgaging could be suitable for you, please contact one of the property team on 01296 318 500.