- Rachel Riley pursues defamation case against anonymous Twitter account - Rachel Riley pursues defamation case against anonymous Twitter account Social media offers many people a level of anonymity that would be hard to achieve outside of online life. This is sometimes used by individuals to share negative or harmful messages, while avoiding repercussions that may affect their ‘offline life’. But is this really the case, [...]
- Stamp duty holiday: what does it mean for you? - On July 8th 2020, the chancellor – Rishi Sunak – announced a temporary ‘holiday’ on stamp duty on the first £500,000 of property sales in England and Wales. We take a look at what this could mean for you. How much stamp duty will I pay now? No stamp duty is paid on any main [...]
If you are considering remortgaging, whether you are seeking a better deal or aiming to release capital, you will need a solicitor to tie up your legal requirements and deal with the mortgage company on your behalf.
How we can help
Whilst remortgaging may seem simple in concept, the process can become lengthy and confusing. At Parrott & Coales, our team of expert solicitors will guide you through what needs to be done step by step. We will obtain and dispatch all legal paperwork and liaise with the new lender to prove to them that you meet the criteria for the mortgage.
Once all parties are happy with the arrangement, we can organise the re-payment of your existing mortgage and the transfer to the new one. This is the stage of the process where top-class legal advice helps to smooth out any potential complications.
As remortgaging is such a large financial outlay, you will want the most comprehensive advice possible. We will help you with:
- Land registry requirements including checking title on behalf of the new lender;
- Obtaining the redemption figure for any existing mortgage;
- Fully advising you on the terms of the new mortgage;
- Ensuring all conditions of your new mortgage offer are met;
- Obtaining any necessary searches;
- Liaising with any management company about their requirements;
- Completing the new mortgage and simultaneously discharging the existing mortgage;
- Dealing with post-completion requirements including the registration at the Land Registry.
We can also help you navigate any other fees or requirements which could be applicable, depending on the type of your mortgage.
For more information on whether remortgaging could be suitable for you, please contact one of the property team on 01296 318 500.