- The Budget 2018- The Chancellor announce on 29 October 2018 that first-time buyers in shared ownership homes will pay zero stamp duty on the first £300,000 of any home that costs up to £500,000 with immediate effect.
- Macmillan Coffee Morning 2018- At Parrott and Coales, we are proud to show our support for Macmillan and the incredible work they do providing practical, medical and financial support and pushing for better cancer care.
Are you in danger of becoming caught up in a costly property dispute? For example, we regularly deal with disputes around issues such as party walls. Any building work carried out by a neighbour could be against the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 if it comes up to the boundary line between your properties, or involves excavation close to it. The help of our highly experienced solicitors can be useful in resolving this kind of situation as quickly as possible to avoid a legal deadlock. If you seek legal advice at an early stage of any dispute, you will improve your chances of a favourable outcome by:
- Saving money
- Avoiding court proceedings
- Cutting down on red tape and complications
We understand that any problem with your home has an impact on all areas of your life, or that, for a landlord any disputes with tenants can put your livelihood in jeopardy. At Parrott & Coales, our solicitors will deal with your property dispute in a sensitive and efficient manner, guiding you through the entire legal process.
Services for homeowners
Amongst many other services, we offer assistance with:
- Boundary disputes
- Planning permission disputes
- Party wall disputes
- Disputes with neighbours
(for example, overgrown trees, high hedges, and rights of light)
Services for landlords and tenants
We regularly help landlords and tenants to resolve issues such as:
- Rent arrears
- Recovery of property from squatters
- Claims of disrepair