- Gig Economy Workers denied holiday pay may claim for the whole of their employment - The European Court of Justice in his landmark legal battle. The court has ruled that "An employer that does not allow a worker to exercise his right to paid annual leave must bear the conse-quences". The decision could have significant implications for firms in the so-called gig economy, and opens the door for similar cases.
- New Regulations for Legal Aid criteria for Family Law announced - Following a successful High Court appeal by the charity group Rights of Women, the Legal Aid Agency have now relaxed the time limit set for the domestic violence evidence required...
You may feel that a planning dispute is preventing you from creating your dream home, or that someone else’s plans are affecting the value of your property. Our solicitors can help you solve issues like these, whilst always seeking to maintain friendly relations with your neighbours.
The issues we advise on
Planning disputes can quickly become emotionally charged, which can make it difficult to remain objective and see the best way to move forward. This is where a solicitor with many years’ experience can really help to make the difference. You may want to seek our expert advice on issues such as:
- Altering listed buildings
- Planning objections or applications
- Enforcement of boundary planning law
We offer services to homeowners, commercial property owners and landlords, whether they are applying for or opposing a wide range of planning matters. We work with other professionals in the field to liaise with local authority planning departments to gain the best result possible from these procedures, which can be very slow.
Calling on the experienced solicitors at Parrott & Coales will help you navigate this broad and complicated area of law. If you are planning to embark on a large project such as an extension or a self-build home, we can provide overview of your rights and how your project could affect any neighbours. If a new development has an impact on you or your property, then we can advise you of your rights and how to take appropriate action. This will help to avoid length, stressful and expensive court cases. It is important to remember that the earlier you seek advice, the better your chances of a favourable outcome.