Legal Secretary – Aylesbury
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Based: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
We are seeking a full time, experienced legal secretary to support our busy and growing team in the Conveyancing Department.
- Secretarial duties including typing, digital dictation and dealing with documents and correspondence as directed by fee-earners.
- Drafting up standard forms and straightforward letters subject to those being checked by the fee earner.
- Set up new files accurately and speedily on instructions from fee-earners in accordance with the firm’s standard procedure as set out in the office manual.
- Attend to clients both on the telephone and in person and to take and record accurately any messages and pass the same on to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay.
- Ensure that all the work you produce is accurate and well presented, and is undertaken in accordance with the firm’s procedures and standards.
- Ensure that you are and remain aware of the standards and quality of work expected of you as set out in the firm’s manual and that you carry out your work in accordance with these.
- Use initiative in your work, keep your working practices under review and identify any changes which lead to an improvement in the quality or efficiency of your work.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all practice and client’s documentation and information at all times both at work and outside.
- Undertake any other duties which may be required.
- Candidates must have experience as a PA, or Legal Secretary in Conveyancing.
- Be competent with digital/audio typing, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Use of case management systems an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise a significant workload, and keep calm under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a team player who is smart, confident and presentable.
If you are interested in this position then please contact Michelle Thorpe with your CV on:
T: 01296 318500