- Bucks Show 2018 - Thursday 30th August 2018 saw another great Bucks Show for the firm, with warm, dry weather and a happy atmosphere as were joined by attendees throughout the day.
- Protecting Against Property Fraud - There is an alarming rise in property fraud to which every property owner is vulnerable. Fraudsters are establishing more sophisticated schemes to carry out such criminal activities and those properties that are either vacant, tenanted, being refurbished or mortgage free are considered to be most at risk.
Legal Aid Changes
As from the 1st April 2013 the Government no longer provides Legal Aid for many areas of law previously covered under the Legal Aid Scheme, and these changes have had a major impact on Legal Aid cover available for family matters.
Legal aid will no longer be available for:-
- Dissolution of Civil Partnerships.
- Children matters (eg. Contact, Residence, Parental Responsibility).
- Financial matters following the breakdown of a relationship.
Legal aid will only be available for:-
- Domestic Violence (subject to strict criteria).
- Mediation – This will include help and advice for financial matters following the breakdown of a relationship and/or children matters (such as contact and residence issues). However, to obtain Mediation assistance under this Scheme the parties must have already started the Mediation process. Legal Aid will not be available for advice prior to Mediation. Parrott & Coales LLP are able to provide details of local Mediators on request.
- Child Abduction matters.
- Forced Marriage Protection Order cases.
- Care Proceedings – for families whose children may be taken, or have already been taken into care by the Local Authority.
To find out whether you are eligible for Legal Aid please click here and use the LAA Eligibility Calculator.
It may be possible to obtain Legal Aid for Divorce, Civil Partnership, Children and Financial matters where there is evidence of Domestic Violence or Child Abuse, however, this is subject to strict criteria.