HEAD OF LITIGATION DEPARTMENT
The Parent Company
MLL Limited specialises in three main areas of the law: Private Client (Court of Protection, Wills, Trusts & Estates, Family and Residential Conveyancing), Bodily Injury (Clinical Negligence, Occupational Disease and Personal Injury) and Corporate Commercial (Corporate Commercial, Employment, Litigation and Commercial Property).
MLL Limited is widely regarded as a top 100 law firm and operates with various brands across the UK. Parrott & Coales is one of the group. MLL are a “top ranked law firm” as awarded to us by leading legal directory Chambers and Partners and are a “leading firm” in the Legal 500. Our employee count currently exceeds 400, who are based across various offices throughout the country.
We would encourage applicants to visit www.metamorphlaw.co.uk to read more about our history and our mission.
For our regional websites and to read more about our other brands under the group, please visit:
Solicitor or other suitably qualified experienced advisor required to Head our Litigation Department at our office at 14 Bourbon Street, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 2RS.
The firm is looking for a successful candidate to grow the Department within Parrott & Coales and the fast growing business community of Aylesbury. Someone who has drive, energy and enthusiasm and already demonstrates an excellent work ethic. They will have sound judgement and business sense and the technical expertise to assist their clients to achieve their objectives and ideally be at least 5 years PQE.
The Litigation Department manages a wide variety of interesting work principally for private clients with an emphasis on:-
- Contentious property;
- Contentious probate;
- Leasehold Enfranchisement;
- General contractual disputes;
- Defending housing disrepair claims;
- Preparing S8 and S21 Housing Act 1988 Notices, Notice to Quit and forfeiture notices; issuing possession proceedings via PCOL, accelerated and non-accelerated route and applying for eviction dates;
- Preparing checklist for possession matters;
- Drafting tenancy agreements, deed of surrender and assignment;
- Dealing with service charge disputes, enforcement of covenants, consent to assign/sublet/carry out alterations, forfeiture actions
- Experience of being involved in all stages of litigation for small claims, fast-track and multi-track;
- General Landlord and Tenant matters.
This is an excellent opportunity for the candidate to develop and progress their career in this growing firm.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an ability and willingness to deal with a wide range of clients and disputes;
- A willingness to support other departments of the firm in relation to their contentious queries;
- Excellent file management and drafting skills are essential;
- Have strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Be a team player with an outgoing personality;
- Have a willingness to contribute and engage in appropriate marketing initiatives and activities;
- Have a willingness and ability to present to outside third parties and to be an ambassador for the firm.