- Update on Probate Registry Delays - Since the spring there have been staggering delays in obtaining Grants of Representation due to backlogs at Probate Registries across England and Wales.
- Parrott and Coales LLP acquired by Metamorph Group Ltd - Metamorph Law has acquired Aylesbury’s leading law firm, Parrott & Coales, who provide excellent service and legal support to individuals and businesses.
Discrimination in the workplace
Employees and workers have the right not to be discriminated in a position in the workplace on the following grounds:
- marital or civil partnership status;
- pregnancy or maternity leave;
- sexual orientation;
- gender reassignment;
- religion or belief;
- age; or
There are, in the main, four ways in which one person and therefore an employer may discriminate against another, which are:
- by directly discriminating against them;
- by indirectly discriminating against them;
- by victimising them; and
- by harassing them.
There are also two further forms of discrimination specific to disability discrimination, which are:
- discrimination arising from a disability; and
- failing to make reasonable adjustments.
A person should also not be discriminated against because they are either a part-time or fixed-term worker.
The law in this area is complicated and it is extremely important that you seek advise at every stag. We can support you through the process of reaching a resolution or pursuing a claim .