- Bucks Show 2018 - Thursday 30th August 2018 saw another great Bucks Show for the firm, with warm, dry weather and a happy atmosphere as were joined by attendees throughout the day.
- Protecting Against Property Fraud - There is an alarming rise in property fraud to which every property owner is vulnerable. Fraudsters are establishing more sophisticated schemes to carry out such criminal activities and those properties that are either vacant, tenanted, being refurbished or mortgage free are considered to be most at risk.
If you are setting up a company or a charity, or you are going into a Limited Liability Partnership with someone, you will want help with how you draw up the appropriate Company Articles, which will set out how your company will be run, governed and owned.
At Parrott & Coales, we understand that this is a busy time for you and that you need to know, right from the start, that your directors have the powers they need to run the company, while protecting the interests of shareholders.
Whether you have previous experience of running a company or not, our expert team will guide you through the key elements of Company Articles and explain everything you need to consider when starting a new business.
We can advise you if the standard Model Articles (from Companies’ House) are sufficient for your needs, or if you need to include supplementary clauses. By consulting us, you can be sure that your Company Articles are appropriate for the specific requirements of your business and that you are legally compliant.
Our advice is available for:
- Private limited companies
- Public limited companies
- Community interest companies
You can be assured of our professional, up to date advice on all of the following:
- Directors’ powers, responsibilities and remuneration
- Appointment, resignation and removal of directors
- Issue, transfer and classes of company shares
- Organisation of meetings, including voting rights and quorum
Advice for companies set up before 2006
You may find that you need to review your Company Articles from time to time, as your circumstances change. Perhaps some existing clauses are no longer relevant, or you need new provisions. This will almost certainly apply if your company was formed before the Companies Act 2006 came into force, as older companies were set up with both Articles of Association and a Memorandum of Association.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need to amend your existing Articles or want to adopt entirely new Articles.