- The Budget 2018- The Chancellor announce on 29 October 2018 that first-time buyers in shared ownership homes will pay zero stamp duty on the first £300,000 of any home that costs up to £500,000 with immediate effect.
- Macmillan Coffee Morning 2018- At Parrott and Coales, we are proud to show our support for Macmillan and the incredible work they do providing practical, medical and financial support and pushing for better cancer care.
Charities and Not-for-Profit
We have extensive knowledge in this sector, having advised a number of local charities of substance for many years.
Sarah Plumridge and Tim Friedlander head up a team which provides advice on:-
- Property and employment issues
- Investment of charitable monies
- Powers and duties of trustees
- Trading operations by charities
- Dealings with the Charity Commission
- We can also provide back office administration to charities.
We provide regular fund raising to The Florence Nightingale Hospice and are a corporate sponsor, and several of our Principals and Solicitors act as trustees of local charities. We also provide “pro bono” advice to The Clare Foundation in Saunderton which provides a hub for charities.
Charities that Parrott & Coales are currently involved in include:
- William Harding Charity
- Thomas Hickman Charity
- Saye & Sele Trusts