- Childcare arrangements and social distancing - The knock-on effects of the global pandemic are huge. This challenging time is particularly hard for separated parents, who may face challenges with maintaining on going childcare arrangements. Some of the problems being highlighted to our offices include: A parent becoming symptomatic and falling into the self-isolate category, being unable to assist with handovers and [...]
- The number of cohabitating couples is on the rise - The ONS (Office of National Statistics) completes UK-wide survey every year. The survey covers a range of demographics including living arrangements. The 2017 survey highlighted that cohabitating couples (couples who live together but are not married) were the fastest growing family type, and the 2018 report confirmed that the cohabitating couple were the second largest family type in the UK. The number of cohabitating couples grew by 3.4 million people from 2017 to 2018.
Fixed Fee claims for ACAS Early Conciliation
How our fixed fee conciliation service can help with workplace disputes and tribunals
If you are involved in a dispute with your employer or feel you have been unfairly dismissed, one of our specialist employment solicitors will guide you every step of the way for a fixed fee, helping you to avoid time, stress and money.
For any workplace dispute of this nature, you must now go through ACAS Early Conciliation, to see if your dispute can be settled without going to tribunal.
Emotions often run high during a dispute, which is why we will consider your case thoroughly and objectively. We will tell you if we believe that your case is strong enough to pursue to tribunal, or if a settlement is in your best interests and advise you on how much money you should accept as a settlement.
Guiding you through the process
To begin Early Conciliation, you will need to complete a Claimant Notification Form and submit this to ACAS with details of your claim. ACAS will then contact you to gather more information before passing your details to an ACAS conciliator (officer) who will make contact with both parties to discuss the dispute.
At a time like this, you will need as much support as possible, which is where we come in. By dealing with Early Conciliation on your behalf, we will:
- Complete the online form
- Talk you through the process
- Advise on the value of your claim
- Handle negotiations with the ACAS officer
- Prepare the paperwork needed to conclude the deal
Of course, if Early Conciliation fails, you can rely on us to represent you at tribunal.