- A guide to flexible furlough - Furlough leave was introduced in the UK back in March 2020 as part of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. As businesses start to reopen and lockdown restrictions are lifted, the Government has now introduced more flexibility to the scheme, allowing employees on furlough leave to be brought back into work part-time from July 1st. Furlough [...]
- Covid 19 – Legal Changes for Business - Covid 19 – Legal Changes for businesses The Government is now preparing new legislation to help businesses in financial difficulties. For businesses struggling with the effects of Covid 19 and the lockdown the legislation includes temporary changes to the laws relating to making companies insolvent and the situations where a company’s director could have [...]
Fixed Fee claims for ACAS Early Conciliation
How our fixed fee conciliation service can help with workplace disputes and tribunals
If you are involved in a dispute with your employer or feel you have been unfairly dismissed, one of our specialist employment solicitors will guide you every step of the way for a fixed fee, helping you to avoid time, stress and money.
For any workplace dispute of this nature, you must now go through ACAS Early Conciliation, to see if your dispute can be settled without going to tribunal.
Emotions often run high during a dispute, which is why we will consider your case thoroughly and objectively. We will tell you if we believe that your case is strong enough to pursue to tribunal, or if a settlement is in your best interests and advise you on how much money you should accept as a settlement.
Guiding you through the process
To begin Early Conciliation, you will need to complete a Claimant Notification Form and submit this to ACAS with details of your claim. ACAS will then contact you to gather more information before passing your details to an ACAS conciliator (officer) who will make contact with both parties to discuss the dispute.
At a time like this, you will need as much support as possible, which is where we come in. By dealing with Early Conciliation on your behalf, we will:
- Complete the online form
- Talk you through the process
- Advise on the value of your claim
- Handle negotiations with the ACAS officer
- Prepare the paperwork needed to conclude the deal
Of course, if Early Conciliation fails, you can rely on us to represent you at tribunal.